Senior Lecturer at International Relations
Faculty of Social and Political Science
Universitas Gadjah Mada
Department of International Relations
Faculty of Social and Political Sciences
Gadjah Mada University
Bulaksumur, Yogyakarta 55281
Phone/Fax.: +62 274 520733
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Web: msugiono.staff.ugm.ac.id and ugm.academia.edu/MuhadiSugiono
Ongoing, PhD Program in International Relations and Globalisation Studies, Rijkuniversitaet Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands
1999-2004 PhD Program in Political Science, Politische Wissenschaft, Fakultät für Social Wissenschaften, Universität Mannheim, Germany
1994-1996, Master Program in Political Science, the Australian National University, Canberra, Australia (degree obtained MA)
1993-1994, Master Program in Political Science, the Australia National University, Canberra, Australia (degree obtained Master of Letter)
1984-1989, Undergraduate program in International Relations, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta, Indonesia (BA)
- International Political Theory
- Global Governance and Globalization Studies
- Peace and Security Studies
- Comparative Regionalism
a. Recent Published Journal
- 2017 ‘Brexit, Integrasi Eropa dan Regionalisme ASEAN’, Jurnal Kajian Lemhanas, 29, Forthcoming
- 2016 ‘Diversity, democratisation and Indonesian leadership,’ co-author with Morgan Brigg, Lee Wilson, and Frans de Jalong, Australian Journal of International Affairs, 70:4, 407-421
- 2012 ‘Cosmopolitanism in World Politics: Bringing the Global World in International Relations,’ Journal Global Strategis, 6/2, July.
- 2011 ‘Crossing Borders: Indonesian Experience with Local Conflict Resolution,’ co-author with Frans de Jalong, in Morgan Brigg and Roland Bleiker, eds., Mediating Across Difference, Hawaii: Hawaii University Press.
- 2008 ‘Approches to Peace,’ Power, Conflict and Democracy Journal, I/1.
- 2006 ‘State, Hegemony and Damonization of Terrorism,’ in Suluh: Interfaith Magazine, VI/25, January-February.
- 2005 ‘Peace Education: Can Peace be Taught? ’ Pela Newsletter published in cooperation between CSPS and the South East Asian Conflict Studies Network (SEACSN).
- 2005 ‘Global Governance and the Prospect of Governance in the Third World Countries,’ Journal of Social and Political Sciences, June.
- 2004 ‘The Concept of Governance in the Study of International Relations,’ Journal of Social and Political Sciences, Sept.
b. Published Books and Book Chapters
- 2013 SEAHRN Series on Human Rights and Peace Studies Vol 3 Amplifying Voices, co-editor (2014)
- 2013 SEAHRN Series on Human Rights and Peace Studies Vol 2 Defying the Impasse, co-editor (2014)
- 2011 ‘Pengembangan Human Capital dan Pendidikan Kosmopolitan,’ Book Chapter, in Pengembangan Human Capital: Perspektif Nasional, Regional, Global Human Capital Development: National, Regional and Global Perspectives, ed by Sanerya hendrawan, Indraswari and Sylvia Yazid (Graha Ilmu, 2011).
- 2011, ‘Crossing Borders: Indonesian Experience with Local Conflict Resolution,’ book chapter, co-authored with Frans Djalong, in Mediating Across Difference: Asian and Oceanic Approaches to Security and Conflict, edited by Morgan Brigg and Roland Bleiker, Honolulu: University of Hawai’i Press.
- 2009, ‘Crtical Theory of International Relation’, in Reflection of The International Relation Theories: From Traditional to Contemporary, edited by Asrudin Miza Jaka Suryana, Yogayakarta: Graha Ilmu
- 2009, ‘Islam, Politics, and Governance,’ book chapter, written with assistance of Ganjar Widhiyoga, in Peace Education: Islamic Perspectives, Curriculum / Teaching Module, Asia and Pacific Program, Costa Rica: University for Peace.
- 2008, ‘Changing Discourse on Security in Southeast Asia and the ole of Civil Society,’ Civil Society And Southeast Asian Regionalism, book chapter, edited by Alexander C. Chandra and Jenina Joy Chavez, the Solidarity for Asian People’s Advocacy (SAPA) Working Group on ASEAN.
- 2007, ‘Logic for Peace in Southeast Asia’ book chapter in ASEAN at 40, in Vietnamese, edited by Pham Quam Minh, Hanoi: Institute of Social Science, Vietnam National University
- 2001 (1st publ. 1999) Gramscian Critique of Development in the Third World, (Indonesian), Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
- 2015-ongoing Women and Local Conflict Resolution in Mollo, NTT, supported by CaRED Program, funded by New Zealand Aid
- 2013-2015 Southeast Asian: Trajectory of Integration, Dynamics of Exclusion, funded by FP7, the European Union
- 2013 International Policy Framework for Building Disaster Resilient Community: Linking Resilience with Development, supported by Osaka University
- 2012 Kekuatan Normatif dalam Hubungan Internasional (Normative Power in International Relations), independent research, supported by the Department of International Relations
- 2012 Diplomasi dan Intervensi Kemanusiaan di Libya (Diplomacy and Humanitarian Intervention), supported by the Department of International Relations
- 2012 Building a Resilient Society, supported by the Institute of International Studies, Department of International Relations
- 2012 Mapping Human Rights, Peace and Conflict Curriculum in the Higher Education Institutions in Southeast Asia, collaborative research, supported by Open Society Institute
- 2011 Emerging Latin American Economic Power?: Prospect and Implication, funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Indonesia.
- 2010 Political Theory of Cosmopolitanism, Gadjah Mada Univesity
- 2010 Energy Security in Asia and Pacific and Its Implication for Indonesia, funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Indonesia.
- 2010 Radicalism, Terrorism and Violence, funded by Australian Federal Police and Jakarta Center for Law Enforcement Cooperation
- 2009 Progress in International Relations, Gadjah Mada University
- 2008 Ideology and Political Parties in Indonesian 2009 Election, with Wawan Mas’udi, Gadjah Mada University
- 2008 Human Security and Peace in Indonesia, with Daniel Petz, under the framework of collaborative research on Peace and Human Security, Global Campus Program, a network of universities for peace and conflict studies.
- 2008 Local Conflict Resolution: Indonesian Case, with Vicky de Djalong, under the project of Mediating Across Culture, University of Queensland.
- 2007 The Concept of Change in International Relations, Gadjah Mada University 2007 Approaches to Peace, with Vicky de Djalong, under the framework of Power,
- Conflict and Democracy, a cooperation between Gadjah Mada University, University of Oslo and Colombo University, funded by NUFU